|UEF C-230 Star King Extreme|
The C-230 Star King Extreme Experimental Air Transport is a UEF minor experimental unit. It is an air transport, which can store 75 non-experimental units. It is able to transport land based experimentals and ACUs. ACUs count as 15 units. Minor Experimentals count as 30 units. Major Experimentals count as 50 units.
The main danger of a C-230 is not due to its status of being an experimental nor is its feeble weaponry but its speed. The C-230 is arguably the fastest transport unit in the game and coupled with its storage capacity, a fleet can be used as a rapid insertation tool for a ferocious assault; Hurrying in to drop its cargo before high-tailing it back and utilising its weaponry to pick off any wary air units.
With this toughness comes at a price, becoming prime targets, Star Kings may gain notority due to its rapid use as a fast armored dropship so they must be protected when the enemy desperate seeks their destruction.
- The weapons equipped to this unit are of minimal strength, and should be escorted (with Wasps and/or Eagle Eyes) if you expect it to come under fire.
- Great to use with the Noah Unit Cannon for a fast land base rush. Use in par with other transports for maximum results.
- AA Ambush: Load up AA units and deploy them when under attack.
- It has alot of hitpoints, making it far more efficient and durable than normal transports for drops into a hot LZ.
- Use it's speed to your advantage. The C-230 Star King Extreme is around 2x faster than the C18 Star Lifter Air Transport. With a waypoint attached it can very quickly leave and enter a front line without exposing itself to anti-air defences for too long.
- Use it to quickly transport Experimental Units to where you need them or extract your ACU when your enemy has overrun your base.
- With the DLC the C-230 gains the ability to transport naval units. Use this to catch your enemy by surprise with a rear naval assault or, humoursly, leave a Battleship to attack passing armies from a lake.